PRP Hair Regrowth Therapy – Orange County (OC)
Do you have thinning hair? Both men and women in Orange County, CA are candidates for this advanced treatment.
PRP can help improve hair loss by converting hair follicles in the Telogen (resting) phase back into the Anagen (growing) phase.
PRP is a concentration of your own autologous platelets which have reservoirs filled with powerful growth factors and healing agents. It is “harvested” from your own blood. This is done by collecting a small volume of your blood and spinning it down to separate the red blood cells from the platelet cells. This resulting PRP is then activated and introduced back under the skin by a series of tiny injections. PRP helps signal your body’s own stem cells and growth cells to jump start the healing, repair and rejuvenating process.
PRP specific cells that promote hair growth include:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)—promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation;
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b)—promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism;
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)—promotes blood vessel formation;
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)—promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation;
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2)—promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation; and,
- Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF)—a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body.
The powerful growth factors and healing agents in PRP also help decrease inflammation around thinning hair follicles leading to thicker, more dense hair! This is great for patients who are losing hair and want to stop or slow down future hair loss.
Results can become visible in approximately 3 weeks and increase gradually over ensuing months. Light dermal rolling will enhance the results and should be used every day for 6 weeks.